Spacious and comfortable minivan Mercedes B-Class is a reliable family car, in which you can not only move quickly through the metropolis, and go to a rustic walk, taking with you everything you need.
The indisputable advantages of the model are:
- stylish exterior;
- Comfort and capacity of the cabin;
- reliability and safety;
- package of the most modern options;
History of the model
The first generation of the front-wheel drive compactments of the class B (W245) Mercedes released in 2005. Cars have become great popularity not only in Germany and other mills of Europe, and in Russia. Over the course of several years, modifications equipped with gasoline turbocharged motors of 1.5, 1.7 and 2.0 liters (95, 116, and 136 hp, respectively), as well as reliable diesel turbomotors, were officially supplied of which issued 140 hp
The second generation of the model went on sale in 2011. Elegant design, roomy and comfortable salon, reliability of systems and aggregates, as well as adequate price among cars of this niche, made cars quite popular in many countries of the world. Mercedes B-Class of the second generation today can be purchased in Russian car dealerships.
In 2014, a restyling model was carried out, and already in 2016 the manufacturer abandoned diesel power units and all-wheel drive transmissions with variastors.
The third generation Mercedes B-Class will be represented already this fall, and will go on sale in early 2019. What will the new minivan be from Mercedes-Benz?
The new generation of Mercedes B-Class 2019 is performed on a single, with another A-class smalltractor, a modified version of the MFA platform. Presented by a number of German automotive publications, the photo W247 (without camouflage) allows you to consider the appearance and make the conclusion that the new design will create an effective and rapid image of the car. This result is obtained using:
- narrow LED headlights;
- modified tilt of windshield and hood;
- reduced sizes of the radiator lattice;
- rounded roof line transition to auto stern;
- new design of aerodynamic outer mirrors;
- Lifting the lower contour of the side windows.
In the front of the car, the constructors have retained the elegant S-shaped climbing.
In the fodder part of the bast pots stylishly look:
- Combined LED lights;
- chrome diffusers of the exhaust system;
- Spoiler with an elevated stop signal;
- Step bumper with sharp transition angles.
The changes were added by the novelty of rapidness and dynamicity, but at the same time they retained the elegance and style of cars.
When creating a premium interior of the new Mercedes B-Class company, the company is focused on the following basic principles:
- Formation of high ergonomics and high-quality comfort.
- Unification of the cabin with the new A-class model.
To solve this task, use is intended:
- three-spoke multifunctional steering wheel with lower support;
- multi-tiered central console with a 5,8-inch monitor of an infotainment complex;
- digital dashboard with anti-cancer visor;
- a wide armrest between front seats with a non-vocational department;
- cooled glove box;
- back chairs with a tilt of the back and the possibility of horizontal displacement through the cabin (up to 15 cm);
- front seats with a large number of settings, strong lateral support and anatomical head restraints;
- LED backlight, including in the zone of legs and door handles.
In the interior decoration, depending on the configuration of the model, the following materials are planned to be applied:
- leather (artificial, natural);
- suede leather;
- high quality plastic;
- chrome edging;
- Soft flooring.
In addition, these materials can be used immediately in several color solutions, which will increase the number of interior versions.
Technical parameters and equipment
Dimensions Mercedes B-Class 2019 will be:
- Wheel base - 2.70 m;
- Length - 4.36 m;
- width - 1.79 m;
- Height - 1.56 m;
- Road clearance - 14.0 cm.
The volume of the luggage compartment, depending on the location of the second row of seats, will be from 485 to 665 liters. With fully folded backs of the seats, a smooth area is formed, and the volume increases to 1550 liters.
At the first stage of production, W247 provides for the installation of power units with the following basic technical characteristics (see Table 1):
|No. P / P.||A type||Power (l. p.)||Volume (L)||Fuel consumption City / Route. (L)||Maximum speed (km / h)|
|one||Petrol||123.0||1,60||7.65 / 5.05||190.0|
|2.||155.0||1,60||7.50 / 4.75||220.0|
|3.||Diesel||110.0||1.80||5.65 / 3,85.||191.0|
For front-wheel drive transmission with all motors, the use of a 7-speed robot or a 6-speed manual transmission is designed.
For this period, the company presented the following list of equipment and systems that will be equipped with a new generation of Mercedes B-Class:
- multifunctional complex with a color display of 14.3-inches;
- Power windows;
- outer mirrors with electrical control and heating;
- adjustable steering column;
- Start-stop system;
- Security systems - BAS, ESP, ABS;
- control of driver fatigue;
- a complex of preventing possible clashes;
- Electric manual brake;
- Airbag set;
- two-zone climate control;
- circular review;
- adaptive brake lights;
- navigation complex;
- front armchairs with electrical heating, ventilation and memory;
- LED optics.
The final list of equipment, as well as the options for configuration of the Novelty Mercedes, will be announced before the start of serial production of the model W247.
Beginning of sales and new price
The first b-class serial cars will go to German car dealerships this winter. In Russia, to acquire a new minivan from Mercedes-Benz will be closer to the beginning of the summer of 2019.
Most likely, the price of new items will be somewhat higher than the cost of the 2nd generation model. As far as this difference will be tangible, it depends on the configuration and a number of functions that will be available optionally.
We offer watch video running tests of a new car held in Germany.